To become a member of GAIN, installers must have the right credentials to deliver heating and renewable systems for recognised grant and incentive schemes. Membership criteria includes:
- Gas Safe and/or NICEIC registered (as appropriate – heating installers only).
- MCS registered (as appropriate – microgeneration installers only).
- Public & Employer’s Liability insurance cover (of at least £2M).
- A Customer Care policy approved by GAIN.
- Successful trading history of at least two years*, with at least one year’s set of audited accounts (organisations who have not traded for two years may apply for Affiliate membership).
- One financial and two trade references – and preferably be sponsored by a GAIN member. *Not generally required for Carillion approved installers
- Be bound by the GAIN Code of Conduct.
- Achieve within 24 months (or already hold), a recognised qualitative award from the following:
- Investors in People;
- Investors in Excellence;
- ISO 9001:2000 – QA;
- ISO 14001 (Environmental);
- OHSAS 18001 (H & S);
- Corgi Certification Scheme Agree to:
- A visit by a GAIN member if required, prior to formal acceptance of the membership application.
- Not engage in any practice, nor conduct itself in a manner regarded as detrimental to the reputation of the Network and the interests of the heating and renewables industry.
- Neither the company, nor any of its directors or partners, nor any associated company have at any time been convicted under the Trading Standards Act or for fraud or any other criminal activity.
- None of the directors, principals or partners, have at anytime been directors of a company involved in the same industry, which has ceased trading or has been liquidated without obligations to all creditors being discharged in full.
Manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, energy suppliers and other businesses may be invited to join GAIN at the discretion of the Management Board Associate Members also agree to recognise the principles of the GAIN Code of Conduct.
Affiliate membership is open to any organisation that currently cannot fulfil the two years trading criteria, but who would otherwise be appropriate for full membership and who is committed to all the aspects of membership criteria. Affiliate members are also expected to agree to a visit by a GAIN member, if required, prior to acceptance of application for Affiliate membership.